Sunday, July 24, 2011

GF Adventures

Wednesday
Went to Menlo Park to pick up a free 10 gallon aquarium from Craigslist, so I decided to head over to San Mateo afterward and grab dinner with Courtney after she got off work. Went to Joy Sushi and with all of the Yelp hype (700+ reviews and 4 stars), I was thoroughly unimpressed. The rolls are just drenched in their "Joy Special Sauce" which was almost like a sweat and sour sauce and was extremely overwhelming. It overpowered everything else in the roll. Afterward, we went to BJ's and got a Red Velvet Pizookie. Then we kind of drove around aimlessly trying to look for nice views in Hillsborough until Courtney had to go home.

Saturday
Courtney came to San Jose and we grabbed lunch at Mr. Pickle's in Los Gatos and enjoyed our sandwiches at Vasona Park. Then we decided to go paddle boating and it turned out to be a lot more strenuous than it looks. After, we grabbed some tacos at Dia de Pesca. Best fish taco I've had in San Jose, so far. And then we headed to Target Masters in Milpitas for Courtney's first time at a shooting range. It was a little more expensive (~$45 for 2 shooters, 1 pistol, 50 9mm rounds, 2 targets, ear and eye protection for 2) than the place I went to in SD, but still another really good experience. Then we rented No Strings Attached, made some pizza and chocolate fondue and just took it easy. The movie was surprisingly better than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment