Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cherry Poppin'

Please excuse the length and generic layout of this first blog. The last time I blogged was October of 2005 on XANGA. Damn, its been almost 4 years. I used to love writing about myself but I'm having a sort of mental block right now. I think I write the best when thoughts come at random (on the toilet, laying in bed, skydiving, etc.).

ANYWAYS, so I'm sitting here waiting for Kelly to come over and I decided what better way to get in touch with my high school friends than to stalk their blogs? Plus, Kelly got me a digital camera for Valentines Day so I might as well chronicle my photographic exploits via blog. And this shit should keep me busy over spring break while I waste away in San Jose without a car and with De Anza having finals.

Oh yea speaking of car, we recently put my 2nd car to rest, RIP 1991 Toyota Corolla. No more loose clutch, broken passenger window, cracked windshield, jammed transmission, and shocker decal. You will be missed.

THE FUTURE???

Alright, so onto the pictures...

Here are some pictures of my recent food exploits from my facebook album dedicated to gluttony ("this is why i'm fat"):

Extraordinary Desserts on Valentines Day. Oh the hypebeast of dessert spots. Camped for an hour to get these bad boys.

My first, and probably last, time at Olive Garden.

The Pantry in Downtown LA; the best diner I've been to. Get the toast and coleslaw.

Hash House in Hillcrest has the biggest fucking portions I've ever seen, you can't tell by the picture but that plate is about as big as my abdomen. Just look at the way it dwarfs that standard pepper shaker. And that Watermelon Kiwi Lemonade is quite possibly the greatest drink of all time.Sushi Deli 2 in Downtown SD probably has the cheapest non-shitty sushi I've ever had, about $25 for all of this is a steal.


Alright so after seeing all of that you probably think I'm some fat bastard, but when I'm not indulging myself, I actually eat pretty healthy.

My weight has fluctuated pretty wildly in the last few years. I was only 130 up to my sophomore year of high school. Then I delved into the world of weight lifting and protein shakes and by junior/senior year i was 150. And then add 5 more pounds from excessive drinking my freshman year of college and that put me at 155, my peak. Pissed out that 5 pounds of alcohol over the summer and entered sophomore year at 150. And now, throughout my sophomore year, I've gone through a plethora of different diets. Lets take a moment to assess them. (All were combined with a constant workout regime)

Special K diet

Program: Basically eat a Special K thing (they seriously have everything from waffles and protein waters to meal bars and, of course, cereal) for breakfast and lunch. Eat whatever you eat normally for dinner. Eat two Special K snacks (basically smaller versions of the normal Special K things) twice daily.

Cost: $40 for a 2 week supply

Weight Loss: 3lbs in 2 weeks

Overall: I was basically paying hella money to eat LESS, I felt constantly hungry and unfulfilled. By the time dinner arrived I gorged uncontrollably because I had under eaten the whole day. And all of the Special K food sucks, except for the Fruit and Yogurt Cereal. I did lose 3lbs but it was only because I was eating so little. Definitely not worth paying for overpriced foods that taste terrible and don't fill you up.

Hydroxycut

Program: Take 1 serving (1-3 pills depending on tolerance) twice daily, 30 minutes before meals. Supposed to suppress your appetite and give you energy for working out.

Cost: $30 for a 1 month supply

Weight Loss: 4lbs in about a month or so

Overall: It definitely worked, at first. It suppressed my appetite, but as I used it more my body became more immune to it. Eventually it wasn't working as noticeably as when I first began taking it and my weight-loss began to stall. I lost 4lbs and it was hella cheaper than Special K, but it took about a month to lose the weight and most of it was at the beginning of the month. Bonus points though for making me feel crazy at the gym with nonsense amounts of energy.


Eat Healthy

Program: Cut out carbs except for wheat wraps, wheat bread and whole wheat cereal. Eat smaller meals every 3 hours and generally just eat healthier.

Cost: ???

Weight Loss: 2lbs in 1 week and counting

Overall: The best out of the three. Natural, cheap and effective. Since I'm eating small meals often, my metabolism is getting boosted and helping my body process food faster. Cutting carbs really helps too, especially RICE (the betrayer of asian peoples)





Moral of the story - eat healthy, diet naturally, and don't use drugs (except for recreational purposes)

And for those who have been keeping count and actually reading all of this shit. I'm currently at 141 and my goal was always to reach 140, so just ONE MORE POUND. Too bad Spring Break just started and that means home cooked food and dining out with the girlfriend.

Speaking of the girlfriend, shes here so PEACE OUT


2 comments:

  1. take your weight and add it onto me!!! good blog. i have subscribed haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. bitch, you're gettin skinnier than me

    ReplyDelete